The Library Board
As set forth in the Deed of Gift establishing the Howard Whittemore Memorial Library, John Howard Whittemore transferred the building, grounds and endowment to the Library Board of Trustees. The Trustees, then and now, include a representative from each of the five churches in existence in Naugatuck in 1894.
The Board of Trustees
- Wayne Buckmiller (St. Francis Roman Catholic Church)
- Robert Delagrange (Naugatuck Congregational Church)
- Lisa Herb (United Methodist Church)
- Deb Levesque (St. Michael’s Episcopal Church)
- Mary Schmelke (Grace Lutheran Church)